January 19, 2023 – WE ARE HIRING!
Please read below and if you feel you’d be a great fit for us, complete the application or email us your resume or more about you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A bit about us
Do you want to work in a bicycle shop that gives you Sundays off so you can ride, spend time with friends and family, and have personal time? Do you love bikes as much as we do? Do you find the mechanical workings of bicycles fascinating? Well, you’re in luck! Cedar Bluff Cycles is now looking to add a part-time (30+ hours) service technician with a customer service aptitude to our team.
Our customers are the pulse of the store, and we always work to provide them with the best service from some of Knoxville’s most knowledgeable staff. We love working with bikes and with the people who love bikes. Join our team if you want to work in a fun, fast-paced environment with incredible people.
What you’ll do
As a service technician, no one day is the same as the last. This job is all about caring for bikes so their owners love riding them. You’ll troubleshoot repairs and service all kinds of bikes, and you’ll be the first to have your hands on brand new models before they hit the sales floor. Most importantly, you’ll build relationships with people who trust you to keep their gear running flawlessly.
We’re looking for a team member with stellar customer service chops, a willingness to learn, and a real motivation to build skills as a technician. Because you’ll constantly be speaking with customers to evaluate issues and recommend repairs, we value fantastic hospitality skills above prior shop experience. So, if you’ve already worked as a mechanic, that’s great. But if not, we’ll train you.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Self-motivation, a positive, team-focused mentality, plus a willingness to pitch in on any task
- Fantastic hospitality—a warm, approachable manner, great listening skills, and a drive to help in any way you can—even on the toughest, busiest days
- Top-notch communication skills
- Impressive attention to detail and a love for tinkering ‘til you figure it out
- Eagerness to learn the ins and outs of servicing bicycles
- A desire to continually learn proper service methods and new technologies
- Prior mechanic experience is preferred, but not required
- Offer clear, honest advice to customers.
- Convey a strong knowledge of shop products and brands.
- Provide unfaltering customer service.
- Build a client base through the development of customer relations.
- Work professionally and maintain a positive, energetic demeanor with customers, team members, and management.
- Remain calm and collected in a fast-paced environment.
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to customers.
- Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service.
- Remain current on industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products.
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment.
- Operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must be available to work most Saturdays.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Retail experience (preferably in the cycling industry), preferred but not required.
- Enjoy cycling and its culture.
- Highly self-motivated but thrives working with a team.
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions. Communicates clearly.
- Prior mechanic experience, preferably in a bike shop setting.
- Able to problem solve.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to learn and process information through our systems.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
Compliance to Company Standards:
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees and keeps a “team” approach in dealing with fellow employees and customers.
- Contributes to a fun working climate; which helps boost employee morale, productivity, and effectiveness.
- Projects a favorable image of Cedar Bluff Cycles, inside and outside of the store.
- Knows our company policies and works diligently to follow them, including procedures for loss prevention.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Ability to lift product overhead generally weighing up to 45 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, reaching, or sitting.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of bicycle mechanics, components, and tools needed to complete repairs.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical issues and complete estimates.
- Conduct repairs including:
- Flat tires and tuning wheels
- Bottom bracket adjustments
- Headset adjustments
- Brake adjustments
- Derailleur adjustments
- Other common repairs
- Complete bike builds as needed.
- Properly and thoroughly complete all service tickets.
- Follow company procedures for ordering special parts, and ringing through POS.
- Strives to meet all company driven sales goals and objectives.
- Training through Trek University.
- Employee discount upon achievement of newbie status in Trek U.
- A fun place to work filled with awesome people who love riding bikes.